Visit the Panathenaic Stadium, Acropolis and Syntagma Square before tasting some local delicacies in this half day Ancient Athens and food tour.
- Pick up/Drop Off from your Athens city center hotel with luxury car (1-3 pax) or luxury mini van(4-7 pax)
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- Car and driver
- Greek delicacies and ouzo in a traditional deli of Athens
- All taxes, VAT inclusive
- Entrance fees (Acropolis)
- Personal expenses, beverages or meals
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
- Pick up from hotels outside Athens center but in the area of Attica are available at an extra cost of 25 euro per person.
This tour will expose you to Athens in various ways, encompassing the ancient world to which the city is deeply rooted in. Your adventure begins as our licensed tour guide meets you in a luxury car. Acropolis, the cornerstone of Western civilization, will give you a first glance of ancient Greece, before you visit the Panathenaic Stadium, home to the first modern Olympic Games. As the journey continues, you will reach the beating heart of Athens in Constitution Square. Seeing the Presidential Guard (Evzoni) in traditional dress, protecting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a unique experience that will be engraved in your memory.
Time for a change of pace as you will trade the musket for the pen at the Academy of Athens, a testament to the beauty of neoclassical architecture. An integral part of the Athenian Trilogy (which also includes the National Library and the University of Athens), it is strongly connected to the Academy of Plato, the contemporary version was established in 1926.
Sightseeing is always enriching, but now it’s time to satisfy your other senses. In Varvakios Agora, the Athenian Central Market, you will be offered the opportunity to buy local products, from vegetables, to fish and meat which are the three pillars of Mediterranean cuisine. Your last stop will be the famous restaurant “Miran” where ouzo and tsipouro flow constantly to accompany the delicious pastrami, sausages and smoked pork. Fulfilled in every sense, you will be transported back to your hotel, with your only regret being that this majestic experience can’t go on forever.