Take a 4 day tour of the Greek mainland and visit the Epidaurus Theater, Delphi, Meteora as well as, ancient Mycenae & Olympia.
- Visit to the Epidaurus Theater
- Visit to the Mycenae Archaeological site & Tomb of Agamemnon
- Visit to the Olympia Archaeological site & Museum
- Short stop at Nafplio
- Visit to the Delphi Archaeological site & Museum
- Visit to the Meteora Monasteries (2 monasteries)
- Entrance fees to the sites included
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Olympia
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Delphi
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Kalambaka (Meteora area)
- 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- VAT for all services
- Your international airfare
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and / or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
- Stayover hotel tax, to be paid directly to the hotel (cost per overnight per room: 5 star - 4 €, 4 star - 3 €, 3 star - 1,5 €)
- Day 1 - Athens to Olympia via Nafplion
We will pick you up from select spots in Athens (departure at approx 8:45) and take the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where we will make a short stop. Back on the road and onto the Theatre of Epidaurus, a monument to the arts and a structure famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will then proceed to the town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece, for a short stop to take pictures and drive on to Mycenae where we will visit the archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then it's off to Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic games, through the scenic routes of Central Peloponnese, as well as the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. It is there that we will stop for the night.
- Day 2 - Olympia to Delphi
You cannot visit Olympia and not pay tribute to the ruler of Olympus, so that is what we will do in the morning with a visit to the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the archaeological museum. Afterwards, we will take a drive through the plains of Ilia and Achaia and the magnificent bridge of Rio-Antirio which connects the two sides of the Corinthian Bay. We will pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and Itea, to arrive in Delphi, our own sanctuary for the night.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 - Delphi to Kalambaka
In the morning, we will visit the archaeological site where the Oracle once stood and then depart for Kalambaka, passing some picturesque villages of Central Greece along the way.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 - Visit Meteora and Return to Athens
Visit Meteora, a geological marvel of vast, rock pillars rising up from the valley to create a unique spectacle that is a testament to wonders of nature. On top of the pillars, stand Byzantine Monasteries, of immeasurable historical and religious importance. Afterwards you will make your way back via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae (where a short stop to see Leonidas' Monument across the road is in order) and finally arrive at Athens early in the evening (approx. 19:00).
Operated by G.O. Tours