4 Days Classical Tour to Nafplio, Olympia and Delphi
Take a 4 day tour of Nafplion, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi.
Discover the secrets of ancient Greece with a tour to historic destinations of the South-Central mainland. After a quick stop at the Corinth Canal, you will find yourselves at the Theater of Epidaurus, where the works of Socrates, Aristophanes and Euripides came to life. The true spirit of Peloponnesus can be found in the picturesque town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece. Moving on, you will have the chance to visit the Tomb of Agamemnon in Mycenae before proceeding to Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games, and home to Zeus' sanctuary. Your last destination will be Delphi, known around ancient Greece as 'the navel of the world'. A town with strong ties to antiquity due to the presence of the famous Oracle, whose ruins still stand proudly.
Sightseeing: Corinth Canal, Theater of Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi.Starting point: 5, Georgiou Souri, Athens (G.O. Terminal) Starting time: 08:20
- Day 1 - Athens to Nafplion via the Corinth Canal
We will pick you up from select spots in Athens (departure at approx 8:45) and take the coastal road to the Corinth Canal, where we will make a short stop. Back on the road and onto the Theatre of Epidaurus, a monument to the arts and a structure famous for its remarkable acoustics. We will then proceed to the town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece, where we will stop for the night.
- Day 2 - Nafplion to Olympia via Mycenae
You have the morning free to explore Nafplion and pick up mementos of your trip. Around noon, we will depart for Mycenae where we will visit the archaeological site and museum. Then it's off to Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic games, through the scenic routes of Central Peloponnese, as well as the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. It is there that we will stop for the night.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 - Olympia to Delphi
You cannot visit Olympia and not pay tribute to the ruler of Olympus, so that is what we will do in the morning with a visit to the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the archaeological museum. Afterwards, we will take a drive through the plains of Ilia and Achaia and the magnificent bridge of Rio-Antirio which connects the two sides of the Corinthian Bay. We will pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and Itea, to arrive in Delphi, our own sanctuary for the night.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 - Delphi and Return to Athens via Arachova, Levadia and Thebes
In the morning, we will visit the archaeological site where the Oracle once stood and the museum. Afterwards, we will make our way back to Athens passing through the picturesque towns of Arachova, Levadia and Thebes along the way.
Operated by G.O. Tours
- This tour include a complimentary pick-up / drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be provided during the booking process.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from the G.O. terminal around 19:30 hrs.
- The tour is usually bilingual, implemented in English and one additional language (French or Italian). For more information prior to booking, please contact us. Our agents will also inform you on the languages of the tour after booking.