One Day Saronic Cruise
Cruise to 3 picturesque Greek islands in 1 day. Explore Hydra, Aegina & Poros islands near Athens on elegant vessels with delicious food, live music & much more.
A relaxing carefree one day cruise to three nearby picturesque islands in the Saronic Gulf. You will visit the islands of Hydra, Aegina, Poros whereby you are afforded some time at each location to sightsee and explore at your own pace. Buffet lunch is included and served on board. A fabulous way to initiate or end your vacation. At the island of Aegina an optional tour is offered to the Temple of Aphaia too.
Sightseeing: Optional sightseeing tours in Hydra and Aegina islands at extra cost.
7.30 a.m. Transfer by motor coach from Athens to Piraeus and embark on the cruise ship.
8.00 a.m. Sail for the island of Hydra.
11:20 a.m. Arrival in Hydra island. In Hydra you have free time for a stroll, shopping or swimming.
Note: Upon arrival in Hydra you can either walk around the main town or join the excursion that this cruise has to offer, at an additional cost (more information can be found below).
1:00 p.m. Departure from Hydra island. Lunch is served after sailing.
2:00 p.m. Arrival and short stop in Poros island.
3:00 p.m. Departure from Poros island.
4:15 p.m. Arrival in Aegina island.
Note: Upon arrival in Aegina you can either walk around the main town or join one of the excursions that this cruise has to offer, at an additional cost (more information can be found below). Finally, re-embark for the trip back.
6:15 p.m. Departure from Aegina island.
7.45 p.m. Arrival at Marina Flisvos and transfer to Athens.
Departure at approximately 8:00 - Return at approximately 19:45
- Walking tour (Hydra) : 25 € per adult & 15 € per child (optional). Right after the disembarkation from the cruise ship a short briefing is taken place before the tour. Each guest will take from the Tour Leader a towel and
a small bottle of water to keep guests cool during the tour. The tour starts at the Oldest Navy School of Europe (dated by the 18th century in a neoclassical building). Afterwards you will see the statue of captain “Miaouli” who represents the modern history of Hydra as well as the efforts and contribution to the victory of the Greeks against the Turks during the war of the independence of Greece in 1821. A very short stop next to the donkeys as Hydra is the only Greek island without cars! The next stop will be to visit the oldest pastry of the island enjoying the hospitality and treat of the famous sweets called “amygdalota” delicatessen with rose water – almonds and orange flowers. Afterwards you will see and get analysis of the symbols of the local flag (historical flag). Then you will make another stop in order to take some pictures in a very beautiful and special place where a big part of the movie “octopus” James bond was shot with Roger Moore. Afterwards you will see some statues representing 5 Prime Ministers of the Greek newer state originally from Hydra (more than 40 politicians coming from the island. Then another stop across the pharmacy of the family RAFALIA which is one of the oldest in Europe (18th century) with no change of the interior or exterior sight of the building! There you can see the pictures of the first lady of U.S.A. Jackie Kennedy, when she visited Hydra in 1961. Going down to the harbor we will see the hospital and the Town Hall. The monastery dedicated to the Assumption of Virgin Mary and its miraculous icon is the most important place to discover. It was built in the 16th century the decoration in its interior is very rich with donations by rich captains and admirals they leaved all their wealth in the monastery. You will visit as well the ecclesiastical museum of the monastery admiring icons and ecclesiastical items of the 17 – 18 – 19th centuries’ very important part of the tour. Finally the last stop is to enjoy the cannons where guest will learn their history and enjoy the fantastic view across the Aegean Sea – taking beautiful pictures. You will admire the fantastic statue in bronze of “the boy and the dolphin” movie made in 1957 with Sofia Loren. On the left, you will see a small island called “DOKOS”. In 1975 the earliest known shipwreck dating from 2.500 B.C. was found under water excavations in 1992 recovered anchors clay post stone tools.
- Day trip to The Temple of Aphaia (Aegina): 28 € per adult & 21 € per child (optional). Tour/Excursion to the Temple of Aphaia in the island of Aegina is optional. This ticket may be purchased on board the boat. It includes the excursion with a professional english speaking guide and entry fees to the archaeological site. Start your classical tour with a Guided Bus Tour of the island, starting with a visit to the Temple of Afaia which is the best preserved temple in Greece and one of the 3 temples forming the famous “Sacred Triangle” of Greek antiquity. Built on top of a pinetree covered hill, it offers the most magnificent view over the island, the Saronic Gulf, Piraeus and Salamina Island. Our guide will tell you the fascinating story of the intriguing history of this beautiful temple and then from there we make a small stop for photographs to the Church of Saint Nectarios, where you can admire its beautiful Byzantine architecture. On our way back to Aegina Port you will have the time to relax and appreciate the exquisite peaceful nature of the island.
- Panoramic tour (Aegina): 23 € per adult & 18 € per child (optional). Drive across the entire island (without visiting the archaeological site) admiring the beauty of its nature, the island’s medieval capital of Paleohora and the Saint Nectarios Monastery. Final stop is at a local taverna at the port to enjoy some meze and tsipouro.
- Swimming excursion (Aegina): 32 € per adult & 32 € per child (optional). Enjoy a soft drink while we transfer you by our company’s speedboat to the coast of Agistri, few minutes away from the port, to a beach with umbrellas which is ideal not only for swimming but also for enjoying the natural beauty and landscape. You can swim in the crystal clear blue waters and enjoy the beach. Soft drink or beer included.
Operated by Hydraiki Cruises
- This tour includes a complimentary pick-up / drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour. Thus, pick-up time may vary for each guest and will be provided during the booking process.
- The order of the island visits may be changed with no prior notice.
- Generally guests will spend appx. 2 hours in Hydra, 45 minutes in Poros and 2 hours in Aegina.
You might also like