A one-day cruise to the islands of the Saronic Gulf. Explore Hydra, Poros and Aegina on elegant vessels with delicious food, live music & much more.
- Visit to Hydra for approximately 2 hours
- Visit to Poros island for approximately 45 minutes
- Visit to Aegina island for approximately 2 hours
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- Lunch on board
- All taxes
- Optional excursions
- Your international airfare
- Personal expenses, beverages at lunch and / or dinner
- Customary tips to your drivers, guides and escorts
Departure is at approximately 08.00 a.m. heading to the three beautiful islands of the Saronic Gulf. After departure, our guide and the hostesses will ask you to assemble in one of the main lounges of the ship to get acquainted and give you all the information concerning the ship, the program of the cruise and the islands. The order of the island visits may be changed with no prior notice.
- Hydra (apprx. 2 hours)
The favorite island of the jet set, whose old traditional stone houses and mansions have over the years housed the enfant gâté of the art world. The narrow stone-paved streets await for you to explore them on foot or by saddled donkey, as the island belongs to a niche group of places that do not allow motorized vehicles. Captivating walks along the old seaside promenade crystal clear waters and radiant fine craft shops create an incredible amalgamation of two different worlds!
- Poros (apprx. 1 hour)
Although it is the smallest of the three islands we will visit, its narrow strait offering a most enchanting view of the town of Poros, is a site to behold. The island is extremely close to Peloponnese, with a 200m (650ft) strip of water separating it from the mainland. That gives Poros a unique coastline, as a big part of it is almost lagoon-like.
- Aegina (apprx. 2 hours)
During ancient times it was a rival of Athens, the great sea power of the era. As such, the island is, to this day, full of archaeological sites and historical points of interest. Apart from its harbor, there are optional organized tours by air conditioned busses visiting the Temple of Aphaia (archeological site) or the Church of Saint Nektarios, whose relics are on display. These tours are optional and are sold on board the ship. On our way back to Marina Flisvos, a traditional Greek folk show with singers and dancers will entertain you up to the final moment as the ship arrives at Marina Flisvos.
Optional excursions (can be booked on board):
- Classical tour (Aegina) :
Start your classical tour with a Guided Bus Tour of the island, starting with a visit to the Temple of Aphaia which is the best preserved temple in Greece and one of the 3 temples forming the famous “Sacred Triangle” of Greek antiquity. Built on top of a pine tree covered hill, it offers the most magnificent view over the island, the Saronic Gulf, Piraeus and Salamina Island. Our guide will tell you the fascinating story of the intriguing history of this beautiful temple and then from there we make a small stop for photographs to the Church of Saint Nektarios, where you can admire its beautiful Byzantine architecture. On our way back to Aegina Port you will have the time to relax and appreciate the exquisite peaceful nature of the island.
- Panoramic tour (Aegina): Drive across the entire island (without visiting the archaeological site) admiring the beauty of its nature, the famous Aegina pistachio groves, the island’s medieval capital of Paleohora and the Saint Nektarios Monastery. Final stop is at a local taverna at the port to enjoy some meze and tsipouro.
- Swimming excursion (Aegina): Enjoy a soft drink while we transfer you by our company’s speedboat to the coast of Moni, 7 minutes away from the port, to a private organized beach with umbrellas which is ideal not only for swimming but also for enjoying the natural beauty and landscape filled with pine trees. You can swim in the crystal clear blue waters and enjoy the sandy beach next to peacocks and if you are lucky you can see the deer enjoying the landscape as well.
Operated by Platinum Cruises